Part-Time Bookkeeper/Accountant /Location: Chicago, IL (Remote)
Hourly Rate: $20 - $30 (Based on experience)
Position Type: Part-Time, Flexible Hours
Floating Museum is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Part-time Bookkeeper/Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial health and stability of our organization. As a Bookkeeper/Accountant, you will manage financial records, monitor budgets, and provide valuable insights to support our mission of enhancing the intersection of art, community, architecture, and public institutions.
1. Financial Record Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Track and reconcile bank statements, credit card transactions, and expenses.
- Process invoices and ensure timely payments to vendors and contractors.
2. Budget Monitoring:
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of project budgets.
- Provide regular financial reports and updates to the organization’s leadership.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for cost savings.
3. Tax Compliance:
- Prepare and file necessary tax forms and reports in compliance with local regulations.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of required tax payments.
4. Financial Reporting:
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Prepare financial reports for grant applications and funding proposals.
5. Audit Support:
- Assist in the preparation for financial audits and coordinate with external auditors as needed.
6. Financial Strategy:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop financial strategies and long-term financial planning.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Previous experience as a bookkeeper or accountant, preferably in a nonprofit or arts organization.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial management tools.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to the unique needs of a creative and dynamic arts organization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and qualifications, and references to Bianca Marks (email@example.com). Please include “Bookkeeper/Accountant Application - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Floating Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.